College Care Packages – “Packing Party”
December 4 | 7-9pm
Want to bless our college students?
- Come Monday, Dec 4 at 7 pm (7-8:30 will be enough time!) to the church office, 145 Church St. NW Vienna, VA 22180
- Bring $10 per student to cover box supplies and priority mailing
- Bring “goodies to share” for about 30 boxes (i.e. box of granola bars to split up among the boxes)
- If you can’t come Monday, FEAR NOT, get us the $10 (at info table) on Sunday Dec 3 and if you want, drop off at info table some “goodies to share” and we will do the packing and addressing and mailing for you!!! (or email trudi and pay later)
- Please verify we have current 2017-18 address for all the studnets (see last spring’s list attached)—if you know someone with a college person would you call and ask them to verify address so we don’t miss anyone please?
- If questions before or “night of” email or contact trudi, 703-675-3894, firstname.lastname@example.org
SPREAD THE WORD PLEASE!!
We normally send two care packages, one each semester right before the end of semester exams. We include a letter from Johnny Kurcina and sometimes an inspirational message in addition to the collective goodies all the moms bring to share (everything from home made goodies to playdough to reduce stress, gum, granola bars, packages of trailmix, cookies, peanut butter or cheese crackers, fruit chews, vitamin packages, etc). We invite all the moms of college students who can make it to come together to share and pack and pray over the boxes and for the students. Those who can’t come can just let us know they want the boxes sent and we pack for them. Each mom contributes $10 toward the postage of the mailing (we send priority mail) and the few packing supplies we have to bring. The day after the mailing a few of us moms bring the boxes to the post office and mail them.
145 Church Street NW, Suite 101
Vienna, VA 22180