Vision & Values
At CCV our Vision & Values drive the decisions and direction of our church. They shape our common identity and help us live into our calling as a church community. To print out the Vision & Values go to CCV Membership Covenant. The full text of the CCV Vision & Values is also displayed below.
Christ Church Vienna is a gospel driven, externally focused, extended family, Anglican mission for Vienna, VA.
Christ Church Vienna is driven by the grace filled gospel of Jesus Christ
- Allowing the gospel to define our identity & worldview
- Appropriating God’s grace through Jesus Christ every day
- Growing in our maturity in Christ, in our knowledge of & desire for God
- Cultivating a deeper whole-Bible theology that is integrated into our lives
Christ Church Vienna is externally focused & outward facing—”Missional”
- Seeking Gospel-Transformation for ourselves & for all people
- Being involved in the lives of the people in our community, work, schools and neighborhoods
- Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ crucified & risen, our hope & salvation
- Pushing back the effects of sin & darkness and caring for the broken & needy
Christ Church Vienna is an extended family of believers in Jesus Christ
- Loving one another as an extended family: enjoying life, having fun, caring for one another, developing deeper relationships, committed to one another
- Experiencing “eternity” through our corporate life in which unique people of different ages share grace, forgiveness, joy and mercy with one another
Christ Church Vienna is Anglican in worship form & governance
- Using the Anglican Book(s) of Common Prayer to arrange and facilitate our liturgy, regularly celebrating the Lord’s Supper (weekly) & Baptism
- Governing the Church through Bishops, Presbyters (elders) and Deacons; lay leaders and a Church Council (vestry).
Christ Church Vienna exists for the community of Vienna, VA
- Not just In Vienna, but For Vienna; seeking the welfare of the town
- Pursuing God’s purposes for this community through our presence, involvement, relationships and vocations
- Breaking down the wall between the secular and the sacred